Cauliflower is a big cornerstone of my Paleo diet, because it’s a cruciferous powerhouse! Here it gets to be the star of the show and make a delicious ham soup.
- 1 head of organic cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 quart organic chicken broth
- 3 organic carrots, sliced
- 5 slices hormone-free, gluten-free deli ham, cubed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Fresh organic parsley, chopped
In a pot over medium/high heat, bring broth to a boil. Add carrots and cook until softened. With a slotted spoon, remove carrots and set aside. Add cauliflower to hot broth and boil on medium/low until softened. Reserving ½ cup broth, take out cauliflower and add it to a food processor. Add salt and pepper. Pulse until creamy. Pour in remaining broth a little at a time to get your desired thickness. Pour back into the pot and stir in carrots and ham. Add to bowls and top with fresh parsley.