- 2 TBS Coconut Oil
- 2 lbs Carrots (peeled, chopped)
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 TBS Ginger finely grated
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 2 TBS Basil leaves chopped
- 1/2 Cup full fat coconut milk
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat the coconut oil in a soup pot or Dutch oven on medium heat. Add the carrots, celery and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 6-9 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger. Sauce for another minute. Add the broth, and bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until the carrots are tender. 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in the Basil
- Puree the soup using an immersion blender or a regular blender. Stir in the coconut milk. Season to taste and garnish with whole Basil leaves.