This scrumptious salad is an unusual and delicious blend of savory, sweet, and… squash! Full of leafy green veggies, protein, and fruits, this is a great balanced meal to make you feel energized at any time of the day!
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups organic romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups organic kale, chopped
- 1 pear, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- 1 lemon, juiced
- salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 375F. Place butternut squash on a baking sheet and toss with oil and salt. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until soft on the inside.
In a large bowl, toss lettuces together. Top with butternut squash, pear, pomegranate, bacon, raisins and poppy seeds. Drizzle lemon juice on top and salt and pepper to taste.
(You might also enjoy my Sweet Potato Hamburger Bites.)