Yum! The best way to describe this delicious creamy pumpkin soup recipe.
The is not your typical pumpkin soup, which can often be a bit bland. Not this version!
We kicked up the flavor with chili oil, crunchy cashews and cilantro- making this a soup that you are sure to savor with every spoonful.
Pumpkin also has many health benefits, so it makes a great choice if you are looking to boost your nutrient intake. Pumpkin is a member of the squash family and contains two types of fiber: soluble and insoluble fiber. Its also low in calories and it is packed with vitamin A and vitamin C.
This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, and paleo friendly.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fried chili flakes in oil
- 3 cups vegetable broth (gluten-free)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pure pumpkin puree (or roasted pumpkin) (organic)
- ½ tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoons pink or kosher sea salt
- ½ teaspoons paprika
- ¼ teaspoons black pepper
- ¼ cup out of a 13.5 oz can coconut milk
- Cilantro, chopped
- Fried chili oil, for topping
- Dry roasted cashews, for topping
In a large Dutch oven or heavy bottomed pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook until translucent. Add garlic and cook one minute more. Stir in fried chili flakes in oil. Cook another minute then stir in vegetable broth and pumpkin puree. Add sugar and spices. With an immersion blender, blend soup until smooth. Continue to cook until bubbling. Serve in bowls and stir in coconut milk and top with cilantro, fried chili oil and cashews.