This Steak and Mushroom soup is a perfect hearty and cozy meal for cooler temperatures. Packed with protein and nutrient dense vegetables like carrots, celery and garlic, it is a perfect comfort food and sure to satisfy the entire family.
Gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo and keto friendly. Enjoy!
- 1 lb NY strip steak (grass-fed)
- ¼ tsp sea or pink salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, separated
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 celery stalks, diced (organic)
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced (organic)
- 6 cups beef broth (gluten-free)
- ½ cups cremini or baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- Salt & pepper, to taste
Season steak with salt and pepper. Heat up 1 tbsp oil in a skillet then cook steak about 4-5 minutes each side over medium heat. Remove steak and set aside.
In a large pot, heat rest of olive oil. Add onion and garlic and sauté until onion is translucent. Add celery and carrots and cook another 4-5 minutes. Stir in beef broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer then add in mushrooms. Cover and cook for 15 minutes. Cut beef into strips then in half and add to soup. Season with salt and pepper and serve hot. Serves 4.