Mushrooms and cauliflower are sauteed and seasoned beautifully in this delicious side dish recipe. Or serve as the main attraction with a small serving of chicken or other protein as your side.
Another dish packed with nutrients and flavor.
Gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, and vegan, why not try something for different tonight?
- 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 lb baby bella mushrooms, whole (organic)
- ½ head of cauliflower, cut into florets (organic)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp vegetable stock (gluten-free, organic)
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, minced
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, minced
- Pink or sea salt and pepper to taste
In a large skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon oil then cook onions for 5 minutes. Add in mushrooms and cook again another 5 minutes to sweat. Mushrooms should turn a darker brown. Add in cauliflower and cook 8-10 minutes (add more oil if needed). Add garlic and cook again another minute. Stir in vegetable stock to deglaze the pan. Add in seasonings and continue to cook until you reach your desired color. Serve warm.