Heart healthy Greek Salad recipe made with Mediterranean flavors and fresh ingredients.
Greek salad is a staple in the Mediterranean diet – a wonderful, healthy diet that studies show may reduce the risk of heart disease, as well as metabolic syndrome, diabetes, and depression, and may contribute to better mental and physical function among the older population.
This recipe is made with all the classic elements of Greek salad, without the dairy – making it a perfect dish for anyone following a dairy-free or paleo diet.
- 1/2 English cucumber, sliced and quartered
- 3 small roma tomatoes, cubed
- ¼ cup red onion, thinly sliced and chopped
- ¼ cup kalamata olives, halved
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp organic lemon juice
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Fresh organic mint (if desired)
Add all the vegetables in a medium bowl and toss together. In a jar with a lid, add all dressing ingredients and shake together. Add dressing to salad and serve! Serves 2