This chicken chili recipe is a perfect meal as it continues to get cooler outside. Made using organic chicken, vegetables, herbs and spices, its healthy, nutritious and delicious. The coconut milk provides a dairy-free, creamy and rich soup that is dairy-free, gluten-free, paleo, yet full of flavor. Enjoy!
- 1 lb skinless boneless chicken breasts (organic)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 stalks celery, chopped (organic)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 jar (4 oz) green chiles, chopped
- ¼ cup salsa verde (organic and using only paleo approved ingredients)
- 4 cups homemade chicken broth (or gluten-free store bought)
- ¼ cup full fat coconut milk
- ½ lime, juiced
- chopped fresh cilantro, for serving
- Sea or pink salt, black pepper to taste
In a slow cooker place the chicken, olive oil, ground cumin, ground coriander, dried oregano, paprika, red pepper flakes, celery, onion, garlic, green chilies, salsa verde and chicken stock. Toss to combine. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
Cover with a lid and cook on low for 6 hours or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken and shred it into bite-size pieces with two forks. Return the chicken to the slow cooker along with coconut milk. Stir to combine.
Continue to cook until the chili has thickened, another 30 minutes. Add the lime juice and mix to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
Ladle into bowls, serve with extra lime and cilantro and enjoy!