This recipe is a delicious, no-sugar-added, gluten-free, Paleo-friendly treat, perfect for a brunch, snack, or dessert! Shown here with some coconut flakes and extra fresh blueberries for garnish.
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 pasture-raised egg
- 2 tbsp almond butter or other nut butter
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract (gluten free)
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
Preheat oven to 350. Grease 4 small glass or ceramic ramekins with coconut oil (or other oil of your choice).
Mash up the banana in a mixing bowl, then add in all of the other ingredients except the blueberries– mix well. Add the blueberries at the end, gently folding them into the batter. Pour evenly into each of the four ramekins and bake for 20 minutes.
- Add a few chopped nuts, such as pecans or walnuts.
- Use “pumpkin pie spice” blend for more spice variety.
- Omit the blueberries.
- Add some shredded, unsweetened coconut.
- Double the recipe and bake in a square Pyrex dish or glass pie plate for more servings and faster preparation.