Are you are thinking about making tomato soup? Why not try this more flavorful and nutritous Tomato Carrot Bisque recipe? The difference between tomato soup and tomato bisque is that bisque is typically creamier, and usually made with heavy cream. To make ours paleo, we replaced the heavy cream with decandant and dairy-free coconut cream. We also added organic carrots and a variety of spices to boost the nutrient value and flavor of this traditional comfort soup. Its super easy to make and delicious. Enjoy a hearty bowl on its own or with a salad.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ lb organic carrots, peeled and chopped into slices
- 1.5 lb organic tomatoes, diced
- 1 tsp fresh oregano, minced
- 1 tsp sea or pink salt
- 1 ½ cups vegetable broth (gluten free)
- 1 handful organic baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1 tsp Everything seasoning
- Chopped spinach for topping
In a large pot add olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for one minute then add ginger and carrot. Sauté another minute. Add tomatoes, oregano and salt. Stir in vegetable broth. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low. Cover and cook until carrots are tender. Use an immersion blender to blend the soup until creamy and smooth. Add in spinach and cook until wilted. Serve in bowls with a drizzle of coconut cream, everything seasoning and chopped spinach. Serve hot.