Shredded chicken is so easy and fast in the pressure cooker (Instant Pot) that you can make it a standard part of a simple weekly food prep routine for many different meals. Adding satiating healthy fats, crunchy and colorful veggies, plus a hint of heat means you have all you need for a serious taco craving!
- 3 lb. Chicken Breasts, whole
- ½ cup Salsa
- ¼ cup Pickled Jalapeño Juice
- 2 cloves Garlic, fresh-pressed
- Seasoning: Paleo Pink Powder, or Salt and Pepper, Cumin, Chili Powder, Coriander, Paprika
- Mixed Greens, torn
- Cilantro, torn
- Dairy-free Ranch Dressing (such as Primal Kitchen)
- Hot Sauce (such as Yellowbird)
- 1 Lime, zest & juice
- 1 large Avocado, cut into bite size pieces
- 5 Radish, halved & sliced thinly
- 1 cup Red, Yellow & Orange Peppers, cut into bite size pieces
- ¼ cup Red Onion, shaved
- Picked Jalapenos, chopped
- Dairy-free Shredded Cheese (Such as Daiya)
- Plantain Chips, crushed
- Pumpkin Seeds, toasted
- Black Beans, rinsed
- Place chicken breasts in Instant Pot or Crockpot Pressure Cooker and top with salsa, jalapeno juice, spices and garlic. Flip & shake chicken to stir.
- Mix desired amount of Ranch dressing with Hot Sauce, Lime juice & zest. Stir & set aside.
- Chop vegetables. (Shippy Chef Tip: Use a mandolin slicer to cut radish, peppers, and onions to even thickness. It’s so fast and easy, but remember that safety is key!)
- Toast Pumpkin Seeds.
- Tear Mixed Greens & Cilantro, place in mixing bowl.
- Set InstantPot or Crockpot Pressure Cooker to 15 minutes cook time. With InstantPot, use 5-10 minute natural release. With Crockpot Pressure Cooker, the poultry button is a 15-minute cook time.
- Shred chicken with 2 large forks, keep in reserved juices.
- Toss Greens, Radish, Peppers & Onion with Dressing. Add to plate or bowl.
- Add Shredded Chicken, Avocado, Pickled Jalapeno, “Cheese” & Optional Toppings.
- Admire your nutritious meal, express gratitude & enjoy!
- Save leftover shredded chicken in glass air-tight container with reserved juices.
- Save extra chopped vegetables, sans avocado, with leftover greens in air-tight container.
- Save leftover dressing in small, separate container.
- Opt for leftover holiday turkey in place of Shredded Chicken.
- Add roasted & cooled vegetables with Mexican Seasoning such as green pepper, poblano, zucchini, yellow squash or other squashes.
- Add fresh tomato or pico de gallo!
- Arrange into grain-free tortillas, such as Siete, for shredded meat tacos.