This Paleo Summer Berry Tart recipe is a must try! Perfect for warmer weather or any special occasion, this is a beautiful and delicious desert to serve for family or friends, or for when you just want to treat yourself. We refer to recipes like this one as a #smartsplurge.
(Makes 1 large tart or 4 mini tarts)
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2/3 cup tapioca flour
- ½ cup palm oil
- 1 tsp for sweet pies or 1/2 tsp (for savory) maple sugar OR coconut sugar
- ½ tsp fine grain sea salt
- 1 large egg
- Coconut yogurt (vanilla or plain)
- Toppings: Fresh organic berries (strawberries, golden raspberries, raspberries, blackberries and blueberries)
- Mint, for garnish
In the bowl of a food processor, pulse all ingredients except egg to create thick, small pieces then pulse in the egg until a dough forms. Gather the dough into a ball prior to rolling or pressing into your pie dish/es. Once pressed into the pie dish, gently pierce the dough with a fork all over so it does not puff up while baking. For a fully baked crust, bake at 375 degrees F for 15 mins or until very lightly browned. Remove from oven to cool slightly. Fill with yogurt and top with berries and fresh mint!