A Quick & Easy meal is often a necessity. This recipe needs only one pan and utilizes high protein, nutrient-dense refrigerator staples that will guarantee simple satisfaction before there’s time to reach for fast, processed foods. And the best part is, you can eat this any time of day!
- ½ lb. Savory Breakfast Sausage (such as Swaggerty’s or Applegate Farms)
- ½ cup Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup Whole Leaf Baby Spinach, frozen or raw
- Oil of your choice, as needed (such as avocado oil)
- Pasture-raised Eggs
- 1 pinch Red Chili Flake
- 1-2 cloves Garlic, pressed
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Fresh herbs for garnish, optional
- Bring large sauté pan to medium heat with oil.
- Crumble sausage (or add slices) into pan to brown. Break up further with utensil, stir and cook through, about 5 min.
- Remove sausage with slotted spoon to nearby plate.
- Add mushrooms to reserved drippings, brown and then flip. Add more oil, if needed.
- Add spinach & stir, breaking up any chunks.
- Cover to steam, about 1-2 min.
- Add garlic & seasonings.
- Add sausage back to pan with any juices & mix to warm.
- Keep warm while frying an egg or two.
- Top sausage & veggies with eggs.
- Garnish with fresh herbs (not pictured). Sprinkling a healthy handful of parsley on top incorporates folate, chlorophyll and glutathione-promoting nutrients in a concentrated dose!
Leftover sausage & egg mixture can be stored & reheated for a fast breakfast.
- Eat over half a baked sweet potato
- Use other ground meats or vegetables on hand to mix & match.
- Load up on garnishes such as parsley, green onion, cilantro and/or avocado
- Add hot sauce!
Here are a couple of other Quick & Easy recipes from our collection: