Roasted chicken is such a staple meal– a foundational piece of your menu planning that is always a crowd-pleaser. Best of all, you often have leftover chicken to use in other dishes! This recipe comes from a friend from Greece, so it’s “the real deal.”
- 1 Whole Pasture Raised Chicken– split but not cut all the way through
- 3 Organic Garnet Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Organic Parsnips
- ½ Organic Red Onion
- 4-6 Large Cloves Garlic
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Garlic Powder
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Chop potatoes and parsnips into nice size cubes, and other vegetables if desired. Cut onion into wedges.
- Put veggies into a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil enough to coat and season with salt and pepper. Put into roasting pan.
- Rub chicken with olive oil, and generously season with garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Place the seasoned chicken over the vegetables and put into preheated oven.
Roast for about 1 hour and check for doneness (meat thermometer should be at least 165 degrees F).
Serve along with a fresh green salad, sauteed spinach, or asparagus.
Use leftover chicken to make soup, or shred some of it to use for other recipes (see our Asian Sesame Chicken, for example).