Typically pesto sauces contain cheese as a main ingredient, so this Paleo-friendly version of pesto is a welcome and flavorful addition to boost plain chicken or vegetables. This recipe features immune-boosting minerals, antioxidants, healthy fats, and a little spice. I also love the versatility of this sauce– time to get creative!
- 2 cups Cilantro, including stems, torn
- 2/3rd cup Olive Oil or Avocado Oil (such as Chosen Foods)
- 2/3rd cup Pumpkin Seeds, toasted
- 2 tbsp. Lime Juice, about ½ lime
- 1 clove Garlic, chopped
- 1 pinch Crushed Red Pepper (such as Simply Organic)
- 1 pinch Dried Oregano (such as Simply Organic)
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
Add all ingredients to a food processor (such as a Cuisinart), process, scrape down the sides, then process again until smooth consistency is reached.
Pesto can be stored for up to 1 week. You can also freeze this pesto into ice cubes (use a silicone ice cube tray), pop them out, and store cubes in the freezer in a glass container. The cubes allow you to easily take small portions out and use as needed.
- Add more oil to turn into vinaigrette.
- Toss with pulled chicken & veggies, and then serve over cauliflower rice.
- Use as a dip for a crudité, roasted vegetable or grilled vegetable platter.
- Serve over steak, such as “Carne Asada”
- Pair it with avocado in your dish, the flavors really work together.
- Stir in with zucchini noodles and some chicken, like our Baked Organic Chicken Thighs.