Looking for a new and different paleo recipe to try? This Hawaiian Loco Moco dish is a great source of protein and nutrients, is full of flavor and delicious. Gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free, and keto friendly.
- 2 cups organic cauliflower rice, steamed
- 1 lb grass fed ground beef
- 2 tsp sea or pink salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 eggs, cooked sunny side up (organic, pasture eggs)
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 cup beef broth (gluten-free)
Steam the cauliflower and set aside.
Form the beef into 4 patties and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat a large cast iron skillet on medium heat with oil and sear both sides until cooked through (about 5 minutes each side). Set aside in a container with a lid.
Reduce heat to low then begin the gravy in the same skillet. Heat avocado oil and add onions, thyme and garlic. Cook until onions begin to caramelize. Add arrowroot flour and cook another minute. Stir in coconut aminos and broth and reduce until consistency become thick like gravy.
Construct your loco moco with cauliflower rice on the bottom of the plate, add beef patty, then gravy then egg and green onions.