If you are looking for that perfect paleo meal, one that satisfies your daily nutrient needs and your tastebuds, look no further than this flavorful cruciferous vegetable salad with chicken recipe.
Packed with protein and an abundance of nutrients, this is a great choice for lunch or dinner. Gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free, paleo and keto friendly.
Read all about the benefits of cruciferous veggies, here.
- ½ cup organic brussel sprouts, shredded
- 1 cup organic kale, chopped
- 1 cup organic cabbage (red and green), shredded
- 1 ½ cup broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast (organic, pasture-raised)
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp pink or sea salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper (for spice, if desired)
- ½ organci cucumber, sliced
- 1 organic radish, sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
Honey Mustard Dressing:
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp organic honey
- ¼ tsp sea or pink salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
Toss greens in a large bowl and set aside. Mix dressing ingredients in a jar with a lid and place in fridge while you prep the chicken.
Season chicken with paprika, salt, pepper, chili powder, and cayenne. Heat a dash of coconut oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken until no longer pink on both sides and slightly charred. Remove from heat and place on a cutting board. Cut into cubes.
Toss greens in dressing and arrange on a place. Place chicken on top. Add cucumbers and radishes. Season with parsley and serve!