Paleo, Gluten and Dairy-Free Watercress Soup Recipe
Watercress is one of the oldest leaf vegetables consumed by humans, yet its likely one of the most under-rated and underused lettuces. A small leaf with a peppery taste, it makes a beautiful salad or soup.
And its packed with vitamins:
Vitamin K, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Calcium, Manganese, Potassium, Vitamin E, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Vitamin B-6, and Phosphorus.
This soup recipe is a delicious and nutritious way to enjoy these beautiful, nutrient packed greens. Gluten and dairy-free. Enjoy!
- 5 cups fresh organic watercress leaves and soft stems (remove tough stems)
- 6 organic celery stalks – chopped
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 shallot – chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup cauliflower – chopped, organic
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp pink salt
- 1 (32 oz) carton organic gluten-free chicken or bone broth
- 1 cup of organic coconut milk
- ½ tsp garlic powder
Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and celery, salt, pepper and garlic powder and sauté until softened. Add the cauliflower, coconut milk and chicken stock. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender. Add the watercress and let simmer for about 1 minute until the leaves are wilted. Remove from the heat, pour the contents in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.