Avocado replaces traditional mayonnaise in this paleo, keto and whole30 deviled egg recipe. I always recommend pasture-raised eggs because research shows they contain more nutrients than hens fed a commercial diet in cages. In fact, pastured hens’ eggs have twice as much vitamin E and long-chain omega-3 fats, plus more vitamin D, and beta-carotene.
Enjoy these delicious gluten-free, dairy-free deviled eggs for breakfast, lunch, or as a snack.
- 3 strips bacon, cooked (gluten free, nitrate-free)
- 12 eggs (organic pasture-raised)
- 2 avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 tbsp lime juice (organic)
- ½ jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 tsp sea or pink salt
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp paprika + more for dusting
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, + more for garnish
Add eggs to a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a rolling boil then remove from heat and cover. Set a time for 12 minutes. Immediately place eggs in an ice bath. Peel eggs and cut in half. Add hardened yolks, avocado, lie juice, jalapeno, salt, cayenne powder, paprika and cilantro to a food processor. Pulse until smooth. Pipe into eggs using a piping bag. Garnish with crumbled bacon, cilantro, and paprika.