Are You Making These Paleo & Keto Mistakes?
Cauliflower Buddha Bowl
Enjoy this easy salad with leftover chicken for a fast brown bag lunch!
- Shredded chicken breasts or leftover baked/grilled chicken pieces
- 1 cup organic Kale, blanched– or thinly sliced raw
- 2 organic Radishes, thinly sliced
- ½ organic Green Apple, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. organic Almonds, toasted and chopped
Honey Mustard Dressing:
- 1 ½ tbsp. Yellow or Grainy Mustard
- 1 tsp. Honey
- 2 tbsp. Oil
- **OR 1 serving Honey Mustard Vinaigrette, such as Primal Kitchen brand
- To blanch the kale: Bring a large pot of water to boil, adding generous amount of salt once close to reaching temperature. Wash and strip the kale leaves from the stem starting at base then to tip. (The best way is to grab the stem tightly then move upwards, gently removing the greenery in one swift motion.) Add de-stemmed kale to pot of boiling water. While kale boils for 1 minute, make an ice bath. (Bowl of ice with water) Remove kale with slotted spoon or sieve and add to ice bath to cool. Remove cooled kale, wrap in towel and wring, then leave out to dry. Can also use a salad or herb spinner to dry.
- Whisk together salad dressing ingredients, set aside.
- Toast almonds on a skillet or in the oven.
- Toss dressing with the kale, radishes and green apple. This will prevent apple from browning.
Store kale salad with apple and radishes in individual containers, top with chicken. Store almonds separately. Top salads with toasted almonds before serving or transporting for the day.
Sprinkle salad with almonds, and it’s ready to eat.
Try this salad with pears instead of apples or jicama instead of the radishes.