Pumpkin Seed Pesto
Make-Your-Own Almond Butter
A traditionally low-and-slow meal comes together very quickly thanks to the InstantPot pressure cooker… Many people are big InstantPot fans! Flank steak is a tough cut of meat which possesses a different amino acid profile than the more often consumed muscle meats. Eating a variety of meat cuts is key to optimal health! Topping it off, the tangy, crisp relish pairs perfectly with the rich and smoky meat.
- 2 lbs. Flank Steak, cut into 1 inch cubes
- Barbacoa Slow Cooker Sauce, 1 package
- (such as Frontera –NOTE: contains a small amount of brown sugar. May not be suitable for everyone.)
- 1 tsp. Cumin (such as Simply Organic)
- 1 tsp. Ancho Chili Powder (such as Simply Organic)
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp. Sea Salt
- ¾ cup Radish, sliced thin (preferably on a mandoline)
- ½ cup Cherry or Grape Tomato, quartered
- 1 tbsp. Red onion, sliced very thin (preferably on a mandoline)
- 4 Sweet Baby Peppers, sliced thin (preferably on a mandoline)
- 1 Fresno chile, sliced thin (preferably on a mandoline)
- 1-2 tbsp. Pickled Jalapeno, chopped
- 2 tbsp. Cilantro, chopped
- Zest of 1 Lime
- Juice of ½ Lime
- 1 tbsp. Avocado Oil (such as Chosen Foods)
- 1 large Avocado, cubed
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Beef can be cut into cubes ahead of time.
- Relish ingredients can marinade ahead, toss all together besides the avocado.
- Put all steak ingredients into InstantPot, stir to combine.
- Set InstantPot for 12 minutes manual, high pressure. Let sit 5 minutes before carefully releasing steam valve with quick release.
- Chop and combine relish ingredients while meat is cooking. Toss well then keep in fridge until ready to serve.
- Before plating, add cubed avocado to relish and toss lightly to combine.
Remove steak from pressure cooker with a slotted spoon into a bowl or plate. Add a few spoonfuls of the reserved cooking liquid over the meat. Drape relish across the top. Count your blessings & enjoy!
Meat can be made in larger quantity and stored with its juices. Relish can be stored separately.
- Serve over cauliflower rice
- Use another cut of low & slow beef or pork
- Serve over a sweet potato mash
- Add a tropical fruit to the relish such as mango or pineapple
In a Tex-Mex mood? Here are some of our other recipes you may enjoy: