Those of us in Texas understand how satisfying “loaded” queso can be with some chips… here is a Paleo version that will allow you to remain dairy-free and grain-free. Salud!
- 2 tbsp. fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1 Avocado, diced
- 1 Yellow Squash, cubed
- 1 Zucchini, cubed
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 Poblano Pepper, chopped
- Avocado Oil
- 1 clove Garlic, minced or pressed
- Seasoning (see above)
Taco Meat & Roasted Veggies can be made beforehand, then reheated.
- TACO MEAT: Heat avocado oil to medium high heat then add raw ground beef, onion, garlic and seasonings. Stir sparingly to brown until cooked through.
- ROASTED VEGETABLES: Heat oven to 425 degrees. Mix vegetables, garlic, seasoning & just enough oil to fully coat, toss and spread in single layer. Roast for 30 minutes, flipping and mixing half-way through.
- CASHEW QUESO: Empty queso jar into a small, quality pot & heat on low to medium to bring up to temperature. Add cooked taco meat & stir to combine.
Pour meaty queso into a shallow bowl. Top with roasted vegetables, diced avocado & cilantro. Serve with plantain chips or other grain-free chips!
- Drizzle with hot sauce for extra kick!
- Mix & match roasted vegetable options.
- Use natural chorizo, ground turkey, rotisserie chicken or other meat on hand.
- Add a zippy, raw salad topping of cilantro, slivered radishes, baby tomatoes and arugula.
See also our Simple Paleo-Friendly Tortillas.